Can I use this space to turn my attitude around? Let’s see!
1. Yesterday’s late afternoon Dr. Pepper was last night’s fretful tossing and turning is this morning’s total lack of energy and motivation. I think I’d rather just sit in this chair and ruminate, thankyouverymuch.
2. So agitated with myself for getting so agitated that the booster seat was not left at school for Henry’s field trip this morning. You would have thought it was the end of modern life as we know it. Wow I did not handle that well. And, as it turns out!, it was total miscommunication on my part. I figured if I thought obsessively about leaving the booster, my husband would just pick up on those brainwaves I was sending. The way it works, see, is you have to actually SAY the words, let them come out of your MOUTH.
3. Isabel just threw a Nerf gun at me. Some things never change.
4. Well hey, somehow my brain just decided to focus on something positive and awesome! Our boy Ethan led music at First Friday Mass at our gym this morning. Unfortunately I missed it (oh, back to frustrating…) because it was too much to get the whole crew out the door at 7am with field trip involved. But Paul said he did great. Proud Mama, right here!
5. Do you ever marvel at some of the dumb things you do? I’ve been going to one of those bakery cafes to work, and the menu flat out overwhelms me. I stand there and can’t ever even SEE the words and usually just pull something out of the air. Imagine, then, my great surprise to look down yesterday and discover I was eating a tuna sandwich and a bowl of chili. At TEN IN THE MORNING.
6. My house is trashed. Like, outrageous. I enjoy the challenge (so this one is a wash).
7. This post was lame. But I feel BETTER.
Hi Jen! Praying for these last weeks of your pregnancy to fly by!