Are you allowed to do Jen’s Seven Quick Takes this early in the week? Could we call this the Zone 1 Pre-board Special? Basically, I’m taking advantage of the the house being quiet (always disconcerting, even though I should just deep exhale and embrace the zen), and that I’ve got some stuff to say.
1. First off, this morning in my Google Reader (the one I hear is going away and I bet I should come up with a new plan?) — well everything in my reader today was simply fascinating and link-worthy. I was all “Oh I MUST share this with people” and “wow! Brilliant! Bookmark, POST HASTE.” This is what we call “surfing the web after your morning run.” Also known as “I love you ALL.”
2. Check out this awesome Pinterest page, “My Imaginary Well-Dressed Toddler Daughter.” Hysterical.
3. Changing gears, Betty Duffy is getting rid of 50 percent of her belongings. Could you do that? I’m sure gonna try. But what if…what, what??? I worry that I might eventually need that third cosmetic bag. What if I suddenly start wanting those Mexican-themed mylar plates? (I love those things, even if I use them just once a year). How do you decide what to jettison? How do you overcome the fear of possibly needing some of this random stuff at some point in the future?
4. Ain’t gonna lie. Me and Paul are feeling real sad about James Gandolfini.
5. Today I was equal parts embarrassed and on cloud nine to discover that the joy in my heart was fueled primarily from a) my house being professionally (and not exclusively by me) cleaned the night before; b) finding Henry’s missing goggles in the pool’s lost and found and c) all the upstairs beds being made before we left for swim team practice.
7. In real life news, two of the boys are at Scout Camp this week: our oldest (moving closer to his Eagle Scout status) and Boy No. Four (his first grand adventure away). My sources tell me things are going well and I gotta tell you, it’s been a very peaceful week back at home. Life with only four kids is so very easy. Everyone out there with four kids or less has it SO EASY. Har. Hardy har.